We started this hive with a nuc-to-warré converter box, very similar to what we did with the sun hive. As the four-frame nuc was a little low on capped brood the breeder gave us a bonus frame filled on both sides with capped brood. The other four frames contained good amounts of pollen and there was some amount of eggs on each frame. The population seemed good, but not as strong as the sun hive. We gave this hive 500 ml of 1:1 sugar water.
Most cells seemed to be in use for brood or food. A good number of eggs.
One side of the solid brood frame had hatched out, but the other side was still capped.
We spotted our dark queen bee.
They hadn't touched the sugar water. We removed it and replaced it with some crystalized crushed honey comb mixed with a little water.
Bees hanging in the bottom warré box but no comb. So we added a frame with comb and eggs started in the sun hive.
They had cleaned up all the honey comb we left them last time.